Wednesday, October 28, 2009

44

Well... I'm still alive. Which roughly 1% of the world's population can't say today.

That's an interesting statistic. Take a roomful of 100 people. Choose someone at random. That person will die. Macabre, you say? No, realistic. Something that you people can't seem to accept.

Of all the information you are taught in schools, you read in the newspaper, you watch on the news, there is an equal amount of information that you aren't told. Maybe because you don't "need to know". Maybe because it's "only speculative" or "controversial". Or maybe because you and I both know that you couldn't handle it. And Lord knows you're not going to go looking for the truth. It's too simple to be a sheep, isn't it? Guess so... Oh, you can continue watching the Disney Channel now.

You are given all the information that you "need to know". And for some people, that is enough. But I have decided (5 seconds ago) that I will include an "alternative" news story with every blog I post, if only to incite argument, which is quite entertaining.

1. Things We Don't Need To Know:
We don't need to know that between 1932 and 1972 the U.S. Government used Alabama sharecroppers as guinea pigs in a syphilis experiment, described as"...a long and inefficient study of how long it takes syphilis to kill someone". We don't need to know that they were deliberately denied penicillin, the real cure for syphilis.

Celebrity Look-Alike told me I resemble John Turturro.

No comments:

Post a Comment